Author | Entrepreneur | Speaker
A passionate, experienced entrepreneur and educator with over 19 years experience, I follow the principles of listen, learn, and deliver to ensure services are client-driven. Understanding the evolution of self and business, I create opportunities for clients to shift their perspective, embrace change as a way to new opportunities, and develop innovative strategies to succeed. The diversity and breadth of my experience allows me to facilitate highly interactive and engaging sessions that guide others with common sense strategies that are applicable in their own lives and careers.
SEE Selected Career Highlights Below
Visit LinkedIn Profile for more information
By combining my passion and experience in writing, education, history and genealogy, I write fact-based historical fiction that engages the reader in “discovering the humanity in the history.”
Whether through my novels or presentations at historical, literary and community events, I am always seeking opportunities to learn the stories of people and places through discussion, research and travel.
Works by Author
Daughter of Conflict (2015): Isolated on the frontier of colonial Deerfield, Massachusetts, Sarah yearns to know what lies beyond the distant hills – beyond her strict Puritan life. What does not know is that her family lies dangerously exposed to those with ambitions to rid the land of the English. Lurking amidst the majestic beauty, their enemies, the French and their Native allies, await the opportunity to strike.
Shadows in the Tree (2013): Engulfed in the American Revolution, the United Empire Loyalists are compelled to abandon their homes and flee to the king’s lands in Quebec. Maria Catrina Eamer, alone in safeguarding her children on their exodus, steps from the shadows of her husband’s life and reveals the true price paid for loyalty.
A Walk with Mary (2012): Set in one of Canada’s most historic regions, in a time of stoicism, we find that as Mary’s long repressed spirit begins to re-emerge, Alzheimer’s is washing away her memories, just as the waters washed away her beloved village. Her granddaughter Eliza, realizes that if anyone is to ever truly know who she is, her story needs to be told.
VISIT: Novels & Ordering Link on this site for more information
Selected Career Highlights
- Experienced entrepreneur operating successful training and development business since 2005. Custom program and service design for individuals, work groups/departments, and organizations (public, private and not-for-profit).
- Professional speaker, trainer and facilitator with experience working with diverse groups and environments including: youth-adult learners, First Nations and new Canadians in classroom, community and corporate learning environments.
- Post-Secondary Academic Teaching: 2005 – 2013 (Recipient Aboriginal Institutes’ Consortium Award 2008).
- Marketing & Communications: Educated and extensive experience in development and execution of marketing and communication strategies. Digital Comm: Social Media tools (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), WordPress Web Development, Blogger, Web Updating/Management for Lost Villages Historical Society (Volunteer) & Social Media Contributor – Thousand Islands Writers Festival (Volunteer)
- Municipal Administration Program (MAP) – Certificate
MEMBER OF: United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada (UELAC), Cornwall Township Historical Society (CTHS), and Lost Villages Historical Society (LVHS)